UvA-DARE is a service provided by the library of the University of Amsterdam (https://dare.uva.nl)
UvA-DARE (Digital Academic Repository)
Child dental fear and quality of life
Link to publication
Citation for published version (APA):
Klaassen, M. A. (2010). Child dental fear and quality of life.
It is not permitted to download or to forward/distribute the text or part of it without the consent of the author(s)
and/or copyright holder(s), other than for strictly personal, individual use, unless the work is under an open
content license (like Creative Commons).
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please
let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material
inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library: https://uba.uva.nl/en/contact, or a letter
to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You
will be contacted as soon as possible.
List of publications.
1. Klaassen MA, Veerkamp JS, Aartman IH, Hoogstraten J. Stressful situations for toddlers: indications for dental anxiety? ASDC J Dent Child. 2002 Sep-
Dec;69(3):306-9, 235. (Chapter 2)
2. Klaassen MA, Veerkamp JS, Hoogstraten J. Predicting dental anxiety.
The clinical value of anxiety questionnaires: an explorative study. Eur J Paediatr Dent. 2003 Dec;4(4):171-6. (Chapter 3)
3. Klaassen MA, Veerkamp JS, Hoogstraten J. Changes in children’s dental fear: a longitudinal study. Eur Arch Paediatr Dent. 2008 Feb;9 Suppl 1:29-35. (Chapter 4) 4. Klaassen MA, Veerkamp JS, Aartman IH. Referring children to a Special Dental
Care Centre in the Netherlands: parents’ experiences and expectations. Eur J Paediatr Dent. 2003 Jun;4(2):68-71. (Chapter 5)
5. Klaassen MA, Veerkamp JS, Hoogstraten J. Dental fear, communication, and behavioural management problems in children referred for dental problems. Int J Paediatr Dent. 2007 Nov;17(6):469-77. (Chapter 6)
6. Klaassen MA, Veerkamp JS, Hoogstraten J. Parents’ dental learning history of (fearful) children. Submitted (Chapter 7)
7. Klaassen MA, Veerkamp JS, Hoogstraten J. Child-parent interaction in different daily and dentistry-related situations, an explorative analysis. Submitted (Chapter 8) 8. Klaassen MA, Veerkamp JS, Hoogstraten J. Dental treatment under general
anaesthesia: the short-term change in young children’s oral-health-related quality of life. Eur Arch Paediatr Dent. 2008 Sep;9(3):130-7. (Chapter 9)
9. Klaassen MA, Veerkamp JS, Hoogstraten J. Young children’s Oral Health-Related Quality of Life and dental fear after treatment under general anaesthesia; A randomized controlled trial. Eur J Oral Sci. 2009 June 117(3):273-8. (Chapter 10)